• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Accessing File Someone Else Created Using My Accout

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I purchased an InDesign subscription so that a colleague could design an interpretive sign. This may be a 101 question, but all the same...I'm trying to get her design uploaded for a company to use it to make signs. She's gone for the weekend and I'm on a tight deadline before funds to pay for this all dissapear. She said I should be able to log into InDesign, grab the file and upload it. But when I log in, there are no files, no documents, nothing. She did all her work using my login. Since I haven't used the system at all, I don't know where things are stored, but of course I can make some educated guesses. There are no files, no shared files, nothing in the cloud. 

Is she wrong that I should be able to access this from my computer through the InDesign account, or have I just not found the right place to look yet? 

Thanks!

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is nothing about InDesign that includes inherent file storage. She may have saved it to the account's cloud storage, and you may be able to find it there. But if she created the file and saved it to local or personal storage, even logging in to the same Adobe account will not give you access to that file. You would have to have access to her system, network or cloud storage, which is entirely separate from the Adobe account or ID.

—

â•Ÿ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) â•¢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, thanks for the quick response James. I'll try a few more cloud-based things, and if I don't see it, I'll just wait for her to get back Monday. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is in cloud-based storage, she should be able to move it to a shared location or share it directly, even from a smartphone. If it's in her local or network storage... probably not.

—

â•Ÿ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) â•¢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Zach261537965gyg,

Thanks for reaching out. In case the file was saved on the Adobe account cloud storage, it should be present here https://assets.adobe.com/files 
If you can see the files here, please look for the Creative Cloud Files folder on your computer, and you'll be able to access the file.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Rishabh. Nothing in there. Looks like I'll just have to wait till she gets back. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines