• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Activating fonts in Indesign CC

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm finding it very hard to find credible and accurate information for how fonts work with InDesign for Creative Cloud.

The background is that I'm still using InDesign CS6 for Mac OSMojave and am preparing to upgrade to Big Sur, and InDesign is the only critical app I have that isn't 64 bit compatible so I'll have to subscribe to the Creative Cloud version.

Working with and activating fonts on my local system is obviously done the same way it's always been done, with a font utility that activates and deactivates fonts and font families to suit the project.

But when my work lives online, how do I handle font activation?

Presumably it isn't done with a desktop-bound utility? I know you can subscribe to Adobe Fonts for access in your online documents, but does that mean I don't have access to the same local font library I've worked with for years?

Please help!

TOPICS
Feature request , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Drew,

hm, nobody answered your question…

Working with fonts in the current versions of InDesign 2021 or 2020 is just the same as with InDesign CS6.

You can access fonts loaded to your system, you can access fonts that are activated through a font management software, you have access to fonts that are font files in the Fonts folder of the InDesign Application folder and you can access fonts that come with a Document fonts folder.

The one thing that will change in the future, but not with the current versions of InDesign for the cloud:

PostScript Type 1 fonts are not supported anymore at January 1, 2023.

https://helpx.adobe.com/fonts/kb/postscript-type-1-fonts-end-of-support.html

And of course there are OpenType fonts where you have no access to the font files available with the service Adobe Fonts for Creative Cloud. To manage them, activate/deactivate you need to be online.

Your InDesign documents can remain where they are.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines