• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Activating fonts is not working

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to use InDesign for work, and because of this I need to use specific fonts. But for some reason when I try to activate the fonts they are just sat in a never ending loading screen in Background Tasks. It has been like this for hours now and nothing I have tried so far has worked. Any help would be great. 

TOPICS
Activation billing and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also experienced the same issue.
I've uninstalled, reinstalled InDesign and Creative Cloud. Turned the computer on and off numerous times. 
I have deactivated and reactivated fonts. I've even tried signing in from multiple accounts on my system and it still won't work. 

It appears to be happening to InDesign and Illustrator for me, but Photoshop has synced without issue. 
I have not tried any other apps to see if there are others that may or may not be working properly. 

My Creative Cloud dashboard also does not show any Active fonts. 
I am on a Mac (BigSur  Version 11.5.1). I have not updated my OS lately, but a colleague was not experiencing any issues on their system with an older OS version.
What is going on Adobe?! Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shoot, I'm having this trouble as well. I was working on a document today and then when I went to re-open it, I was missing 42 fonts. Yikes! I've restarted, trashed preferences, opened other files, and nothing. The fonts are stuck in "activate." When I got online to my account they all apear activated and normal. I even unactivated one and reactivated it to see if that might wake it up but it did not. Is it something beyond our computers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In InDeign go to Help>Log Out

In Creative Cloud log out

Go to your online account and log out

Restart

Open Creative Cloud and log in

Open InDesign and ensure in Help> that you are logged in

It should be working now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Eugene Tyson This did not work for me. I even worked with a tech for over a half hour attempting some trial and error. 

@TaylorMadeAmja  - They did share that this is a reported and known bug and that their team is working on it. 
In the process, they collected log files and other system info from me to use in assisting their efforts to identify the issue. 

Some of those typical troubleshooting techniques may work for some - I hope they do and in the past they have for me. 
However, in this current situation, some of us experiencing this issue may have no control over correcting the issue without an update from Adobe for Creative Cloud and the apps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find this hard to believe. 

There's something on your end blocking it.

Have you got any 3rd party monitoring apps, like an anti-virus running? 

Can you add an exception for Adobe products?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you Care to Learn!! Yes, I ended up getting a hold of help via the Chat feature and it appears my trouble is due to the known bug issue. Hoping to see that fixed as soon as possible! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines