Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add additional endnotes (was “footnotes”) into already existing text flow

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all.

I’m working on a book with a huge amount of footnotes endnotes and have a few I need to insert into the flow of already exisiting footnotes endnotes. I’ve been searching for some time and cannot find the qay to do this. Any help would be much appreciated ...

P

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something to add here is that I have already converted these footnotes to endnotes, and even when ‘adding an endnote’ it starts at one, instead of taking up the next available ref number ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi P,

are you working with an InDesign book file that contains several documents?

If yes, you have to control the start numbers of the endnotes in every document manually.

Please show a screenshot of the case. Hidden characters and frame edges showing. Also if text frames are threaded to others.

Plus another screenshot with your endnotes options of that particular document where you see the issue.

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I'm hoping your issue is now resolved.

If you still have issues, please share more information about your workflow. For example, you may share screenshots as suggested by Uwe or a small video for better understanding. This will help us assist you accordingly.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines