• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Added a Team Package and now links don't work

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until recently, our team was operating InDesign from an individual license which allowed up to two computers so two people were able to access the account. I was hired a year ago, so we just switched to a team package with three license. Now when I try to sign in, a message box pops up saying 'Issues With Links - This document contains links to sources that have been missing/modified. You can update the modified links now, or update these later using the Links panel.' I click the option that says Don't Update Links because I'm worried about messing up my coworkers documents. I'm just trying to place a new image to a design presentation, but another error message pops up saying 'Cannot place this file. No filter found for requested operation.'

Can anyone lend any help on this issue?

TOPICS
How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

There are unconnected problems here. First of all the licensing terms are what @Derek Cross mentioned so your organisation needs to rectify that assumption.

Now coming to your modified link problem, it can be caused by placed files relocated to a new location or them being edited adter they were placed on the InDesign document. You can relink the images one by one if you want and see if it works. However even if you accept the relink images option that you get, you are safe as you will have to s

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, your first licence allowed you to have the application(s) installed on two computers, but it was only supposed to be used by one person on one computer (not two at the same time).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are unconnected problems here. First of all the licensing terms are what @Derek Cross mentioned so your organisation needs to rectify that assumption.

Now coming to your modified link problem, it can be caused by placed files relocated to a new location or them being edited adter they were placed on the InDesign document. You can relink the images one by one if you want and see if it works. However even if you accept the relink images option that you get, you are safe as you will have to save the InDD file to make the change persistent. So this has nothing to do with the teams subscription or individual subscription

Lastly the issue of the file not being placed, make sure that the file you are trying to place is a valid file supported to be placed in InDesign and that it is not corrupt in anyway and cnn be opened fine.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Manan,

Thanks for your response! We did rectify the issue of not having enough licenses and now we have one license per employee. I believe the issue we were having with the pop-up re: the modified link problem is from opening a file that another user created. My co-worker mentioned that she had this issue, as well. I was able to place images in our presentation after saving new images at the source. The original images must have been bad files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines