• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding a visual dividing line at the gutter of a two page spread in Publish Online

Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sending a book layout from Indesign to Publish Online. The two-page spreads do not show the a line between pages. Is there a way to add the dividing line at what would be the gutter of the book?

TOPICS
Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

Draw a line on the spine on the mparent page

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

Thanks- Just came up with a solution myself. I drew a center line with a medium grey color on the master page in the InDesign layout - which is a double spread. I even added a very light grey to white color gradient to look like a shadow in the gutter on either side.

I thought that there might be an automatic fix but this is probably better.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Draw a line on the spine on the mparent page

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks- Just came up with a solution myself. I drew a center line with a medium grey color on the master page in the InDesign layout - which is a double spread. I even added a very light grey to white color gradient to look like a shadow in the gutter on either side.

I thought that there might be an automatic fix but this is probably better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not an answer to your particular question but this facility of adding column rules can be overlooked and some may find useful.

To add column rules to a selected text frame choose Object>Text Frame Options (CMD-B) and select the Column Rules tab. Select the Insert Column Rules option to turn on column rules and then adjust the following options: Rule Length To extend or shorten the column rule adjust the Start and End values

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines