Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding New pages to Existing document

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi community,

im having a problem adding new pages to Existing document.

Every time im adding a new page on that document, the other pages move on that place, and i cant make space for new Information (frozen)

If i try to move the information forward (Enter) all the information forward just desapeer. Every page on that document is linked.

Is there anybody that can give me some advice to do it right?

Thanks.

Dario

TOPICS
How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>> Every time im adding a new page on that document, the other pages move on that place, and i cant make space for new Information (frozen)

What space, what information? Are you newbie with that software? Can you show screenshots or video and mark what you want and what you don't want?

>> Every page on that document is linked.

I don't know such a feature. May be you are about threaded text among frames? https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/indesign/using/threading-text.html#:~:text=Using%20the%20Selection%20tool....

If you add page between threaded frames than you are need to re-thread this frames if you really need this. 

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello George,

here a video of the problem, i would like to create new pages for more Text and images...but

when i try to do it  the Information overlie.

If i try to move the information vorwarts in order to geht free space for that, is not possible.

i hope it´s clear my question.

Regards

Dario

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It clear now. You can only manually divide your cells. This is known and 1st place feature request for InDesign. All that you can do as 500+ users of InDesign - add vote here and wait. I do wait this from 2005 year, for example 😞

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601021-adobe-indesign-feature-requests/suggestions/33854788-op... - don't forget to add your vote here.

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines