• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding Text Into a Frame

Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign thinks I am writing a photo caption so it places "Figure X" at the beginning of the text and after each paragraph return. What's happening? I am trying to insert t

Screen Shot 2022-04-02 at 6.23.16 PM.png

ext into a frame.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Guru , Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

are you using a paragraph style by default maybe?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Continuing with @JonathanArias's answer, your default paragraph style seems to include an auto-number. I suppose it could have been inadvertently added to [Basic Paragraph] but more likely, you have the photo caption style enabled as a default so that when you start typing new text, that style is automatically assigned to whatever you type. In addition, the style is next to Next Style: Same Style, so when you press Enter, the same style is assigned to the next paragraph, too.

Open Window > Sty

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,
Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you using a paragraph style by default maybe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Continuing with @JonathanArias's answer, your default paragraph style seems to include an auto-number. I suppose it could have been inadvertently added to [Basic Paragraph] but more likely, you have the photo caption style enabled as a default so that when you start typing new text, that style is automatically assigned to whatever you type. In addition, the style is next to Next Style: Same Style, so when you press Enter, the same style is assigned to the next paragraph, too.

Open Window > Styles > Paragraph Styles and take a look. If you don't see it there, perhaps you have a default object style selected that calls in the photo caption style. Window > Styles > Object Styles.

If you can't figure it out, screen shots of the Paragraph Styles panel and Object Styles panel visible will help us help you. 

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Barb. That was the problem. I am now forging ahead with my book. Cheers, Ted

~
TED SCOTT
Toronto

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines