• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adjusting leading is changing space between paragraph styles

Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, All of a sudden when I increase the leading in one paragraph style it's adding space above the style (see screen shot). I want to keep the space between different styles consistent and only adjust the leading within the paragraph style. I hope this makes sence. Don't recall this being a problem before and I've used Indesign for years. Feel like I'm missing something obvious or losing my mind from working too many long hours. I don't have Auto-leading or baseline align selected, the text is vertical justified to 'Top', Baseline is Ascent or Cap Height. Thanks for any insight!

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

I just found that if I only highlight part of the 2nd line it will adjust without affecting the space between styles. Will look into the based-on style also. I feel like it's different to how I usually do this but i'm super tired so .... ðŸ¤ª Thanks for the quick responses everyone!!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure it isn't set to align the first line to grid?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could it be that you have not 2 paragraphs but only a forced line break in the same paragraph

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's happening between any two separate paragraph styles, heading/body etc. I'm so confused, wondering if it's always done that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Text 1.pngText 2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you increased the leading in the heading style as well? Perhaps though a "based on" style?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you see is expected behaviour: changing the paragraph's leading means adding space before each line, and it follows that that space is added to the paragraph's first line too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just found that if I only highlight part of the 2nd line it will adjust without affecting the space between styles. Will look into the based-on style also. I feel like it's different to how I usually do this but i'm super tired so .... ðŸ¤ª Thanks for the quick responses everyone!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines