• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe cannot play Interactive PDF's

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've designed interactive pdf's, with video in InDesign. When I export them, then open them, the classic 'click to activate content' roll over text pops up. I click and it either 

1. shuts the Adobe down suddenly after thinking for about 1-5 minutes

2. only plays sound

I've done all the classic 'install, reinstall' with both indesign and adobe acrobat reader, I've even had my computer rebooted. Nothing works. Is there anyone that has a fix?

TOPICS
EPUB , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The user that is going to view the .pdf needs to change the settings in acrobat and choose the video player they want to use from acrobat.

Example, for me, on my mac. i have the preferred media player set to quicktime. if in windows you would choose windows media player.

Screen Shot 2021-04-19 at 10.42.29 AM.png

you also have these settings:

Screen Shot 2021-04-19 at 10.45.48 AM.png

Next, none of this will work on mobile devices. If that is important to you, the .pdf format is of no help. use publish online.

thanks

jonathan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My advice is forget the whole thing. Multimedia in a PDF is a crapshoot even when you can force the user to use Acrobat or Reader. With the death of SWF / Flash, the user preferences must be changed. This will probably not work with a third party reader, in browsers or mobile devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with Bob, if you want to include a video have a simple hyperlink in your Interactive PDF to an external video such as Youtube, or similar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines