• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe colours visually don't represent values

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having an issue with colours Adobe InDesign.

Objects visually do not look like the colour values set.

I do not recall having this issue with older InDesign versions, however after an update there was some new colour/printing matching option I recalled ticking and now I do not know how to go back to how it was previously. 

Video recording showing the problem:

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. What color space (mode with profile) does the PDF have?
  2. What color space the INDD file?
  3. What kine of color picker do you use? I have never seen it.
  4. Why are you not taking the color picker from InDesign?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. PDF was just one example. I have it saved as a jpg or it does the same thing when copied from mspaint. 

pdf.jpg

indd.jpg

3. Window's Powertoys

powertoys.jpg

4. I was just using Powertoys that to show the colours across different windows. Indesign shows the same values. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Bacevs , Adobe print apps are color managed, how colors display and convert into different color modes depends on their assigned color profiles. 

The InDesign Color Picker lets you choose color in different modes RGB, Lab, or CMYK. The mode of the color you get depends on where your cursor is in the dialog. HEX is an RGB value, so if you want to get a HEX value make sure your cursor is in one of the RGB fields and the add swatch button reads Add RGB Swatch:

Screen Shot.png

The appearance of an RGB (hex) color depends on the document’s assigned RGB profile—Edit>Assign Profiles... Here’s an sRGB assignment, which is the default for most web browsers:

Screen Shot 2.png

A ProPhotoRGB profile assignment keeps the #d43339 hex value, but displays it differently:

Screen Shot 3.png

The #d43339 RGB value is going to convert to different CMYK values depending on the source RGB profile assignment and the CMYK destination profile.

sRGB to US Web Coated SWOP:

Screen Shot 1.png

ProPhoto to Euroscale Coated:

Screen Shot 4.png

What happens to the color when you Export to PDF depends on your Export>Output settings. Here I’ve Exported to the default PDF/X-4 preset and AcrobatPro’s Output Preview Object Inspector shows the color exported unchanged—ICCBasedRGB sRGB

Screen Shot 5.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines