• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe ExtedScript Debugger for Visual Studio Code still maintained?

Participant ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm actively using an M1 Apple MacBook Pro as my main computer (lovely battery life and performance), and with the new version of InDesign (16.3.1) optimized to run in such computers, everything seemed great... but there is still one big problem to solve: Adobe ExtendScript Debugger for Visual Studio Code does not run natively in the 64bit ARM version of Visual Studio Code AND the latest release, with all the known bugs, is TWO years old! I wonder if its still maintained or if Adobe is already working in a better solution.

I know there are few users that actively use Adobe Scripting for automating tasks, but for us it's the key selling point of Adobe apps over other solutions (Affinitty, Pixelmator...) often more cheaper but lots of interesting features.

Please, Adobe, maintain a viable solution for developing scripts.

TOPICS
Scripting , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Nousmedis,

I'd join the Creative Cloud Developer Prerelease Group and ask there.

https://www.adobeprerelease.com/beta/918068DD-4655-4298-925A-1E6EA4BFA84B/join

Source:

How to Join Creative Cloud Prerelease Programs
Erin Finnegan, Oct 18, 2019

https://medium.com/adobetech/how-to-join-creative-cloud-prerelease-programs-ccecc10ae7d3

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines