I have a family of fonts that I cannot access in InDesign (version up to date). Font issues have been discussed on here before, of course, but what's strange about this case is that the font family - Gill Sans Nova - is from Adobe Fonts, and I have no other versions of the fonts on my system. I have checked Creative Cloud and they are clearly activated. I have also tried deactivating them and activating them again, but to no avail - in InDesign, they are nowhere to be found, and I am getting 'missing font' errors for where they are used in projects.
I am using a teams subscription and have been using these fonts for a few years without issue, so I suspect the problem may be associated with Adobe's update to my organisation's Admin Console storage capabilities on July 1st - it hasn't worked ever since then.
My first post on here although I have fixed many a past InDesign issue by reading the helpful responses to other people's questions! Thanks in advance to any possible fixes you can suggest.
I have found that signing out in the Creative Cloud desktop app and then signing back in again can sometimes fix this problem. Click on the icon in the upper right of the desktop app (it looks like a pie chart) and you'll see in the drop down menu that appears the option to sign out. Click on it again after signing out and use the sign in option to sign back in again.
Thanks very much for the suggestion and clear instructions. Unfortunately it hasn't done the trick in this case. I have also tried signing out and signing back in within InDesign itself (not sure why that would make any difference, but it seemed worth a shot), and that didn't work either.
I've got the same issue. I've tried deleting the cache files as per this article but it didnt work for me, however, just in case it helps you I thought I'd send it across. Really frustrating https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/44970238-installed-font...
Thanks very much for the link. Unfortunately it doesn't do the trick for me either - I am running Windows 10 but strangely, the C:\Users\[yourname]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\InDesign directory doesn't exist for me and neither does the other they mention. Yes, it is a really frustrating fault and I am in desperate need of a solution as the publication I edit goes to press in only a week! It's at least reassuring to know it's not just me...
No worries. Sorry that didn't work but like you said it's good to know I'm not the only one as well. Thanks for sharing your fix below as well. Glad you got it resolved.
Copy link to clipboard
Right, so in the end I have got this problem fixed. In my case the solution was to go to the Adobe Customer Care page and put out an SOS via the chat there - within minutes I was connected to a very helpful InDesign specialist who remotely accessed my PC and spent some time patiently finding the answer. They ran through what the problem was so I could update this thread, so for anyone having the same problem, read on....perhaps this will work for you too. (Hope the following is easy to follow - I'm not great at IT-speak...)
The problem for my PC (Windows 10, InDesign 17.3) was with the permissions for apps. The way the technician found this out was by logging into my PC as a different user (a local account), for which all the permissions were granted and the fonts were all there. They then fixed it for my main Windows user profile and it worked there as well.
They mentioned that for PCs connected on an office networkk, another possible root cause for missing fonts can be the firewall settings.
I was pointed to this helpful link: Troubleshoot font activation problems in Creative Cloud (adobe.com)
If you click on that link and head to Pt 8, you'll see there are these ports listed, which may be blocked by a firewall:
To summarise what I should put on this forum, the expert who helped me said: 'To check if it is user related or network related, you may ask other users to create a new local user account. If it works then it is permissions related and if the issue persists then it is a network related issue'.
Well, it worked for me, just in time before my looming print deadline, and I'm a happy chappy. Hope this helps someone, but if it still doesn't work, then (especially for anyone like me who isn't an IT whizz) I would definitely recommend heading to the Customer Care page and getting an expert to take a look at your system. I am hugely indebted to the ID specialist who gave me a hand!
Thanks for sharing! Seems odd to be permissions, considering Illustrator and other Adobe apps were registering the fonts fine for me (but I'm also running Mac so might be just inDesign permission related). I was fortunate on this occasion as I just subsituted fonts, but will need to look into it further as it may not be the case next time. Cheers