• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe InDesign 17.2.1 run on macOS Monterey 12.3.1

New Here ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help please with the message that prevents existing indd files from being accessed, in order to continue work in the same file:

This file is already open by another user or another application. This file may be stored on a network server and cannot be opened until the other user closes it.

This is completely frustrating as I'm paying for an annual subscription to use this software and I can't progress any of may projects?

Many thanks in advance to all of you Adobe Gurus who I know will have a simple solution.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Probably you will see beside the INDD file in the Finder (Mac) or Explorer (Win) a lock file. Normaly these ock files are deleted when InDesign is closed correctly. But due to different possible errors are these still here. Normally they will help to hinder someone else (or yourself) to open the corresponding INDD file at the same time from 2 different INDD installations.

1. Quit InDesign
  2. Delete these lock files.
  3. Start INDD again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines