Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe InDesign 2014 stoped working in macOS Catalina Version 10.15.7

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

For work I have to use Adobe InDesign 2014, and it has stoped working (23.08.2021) in macOS Catalina Version 10.15.7. (MacMini 2018 Intel Core i5)

How can I fix this

Thanks

WS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Hi @Wojciech5ED6,

CC2014 is not compatible with Catalina. This is not an Adobe issue but Apple decided that Catalina onwards it would not support 32 bit applications and hence this is the result. If i remember correctly you will have to use CC2020 or beyond on Catalina.

See the following article for more details

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/fix-macos-64-bit-compatibility-errors.html

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Wojciech5ED6,

CC2014 is not compatible with Catalina. This is not an Adobe issue but Apple decided that Catalina onwards it would not support 32 bit applications and hence this is the result. If i remember correctly you will have to use CC2020 or beyond on Catalina.

See the following article for more details

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/fix-macos-64-bit-compatibility-errors.html

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgrading to catalina was a disastrous idea and you need to find a way to go back many systems. You might have to buy an antique Mac. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if the OP manages to do that, installing 2014 is going to be nearly impossible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I won't get into asking why on earth "work" is limiting you to 2014, especially with a CC subscription, but it may be time for them to get up to date, because this is not going to get better going forward.

Back to you: If you have a Time machine backup before you upgraded to Catalina, you might be able to revert back, or restore to another partition (or even an external drive) to use in a dual-boot situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Problem solved. Fanaly at work everybody updated to latest inDesign

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines