• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe InDesign 2020 - Font Awesome 5 Pro Light Fonts Not Able To Be Loaded In Document

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone! 

If this is the wrong sub to be posting questions, I apologize and will try posting in the correct forum

I currently have a client that is running Adobe InDesign 2020 on Windows 10 Enterprise (21H1). Last week, they tried opening a InDesign document from their colleauges that was originally created using InDesign 2020 on MacOS Catalina. 

Upon opening the document, they were greeted with a "Missing Fonts" message that stated:

"The document uses fonts that are currently unavilable on your computer. Closing this dialog box will substitue the missing fonts with the default font until the original fonts become available" 

The missing font is "Font Awesome 5 Pro Light" and my client confirmed that the document was created on MacOS using the free version of Font Awesome 5.  However, upon downloading the Windows version of "Font Awesome 5 Pro Light" from their website - https://use.fontawesome.com/releases/v5.15.4/fontawesome-free-5.15.4-web.zip and importing the fonts into InDesign, they are still getting the same error message, even after trying version 5.0.8

They have managed to find a current workaround, but I am not too familar with Adobe InDesign and was wondering if there could be anything else I could check on their system or on the program itself

Here is a screenshot of the error message:

Adobe InDesign Error Message.pngThanks!

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Edmond,

that possible workaround could have been to make the font available through a Document fonts folder perhaps. Or through the Fonts folder of the InDesign Application folder.

If you do not install the font through a font management application and want the font be available for all applications on a Windows machine install it through the command Install for All Users that you find in the context menu when you have the font file selected. Do not try to install it with the plain command Install in the context menu, that would install it for the current user, only.

FWIW: I do not think. that your linked zip-file contains the missing Font Awesome 5 Pro Light font.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines