• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Indesign 2023 Crash on start

Participant ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the latest Indesign update, not able to run Adobe Indesign as it crashes on start.

Please find the crash report details. Issue found in Windows 10 Pro.

Indesign Crash.JPG

<Crash report deleted by moderator.>

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No one here will read or understand this code. Report it to Adobe, not here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @emam-dev ,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Please share your Adobe ID, using which the logs were submitted through DM by clicking on my name. Meanwhile, I am getting the logs checked, please try the suggestions shared here https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/crash-on-launch.html, and let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to trash preferences - there is a pinned thread how to do it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you just trying to open InDesign or clicking on an InDesign file that is then causing the launch of InDesign? The file may be a cause of the crash so try trashing the preferences as well as the recovery data and then try opening just InDesign to verify if the file is indeed the problem

Another thing could be a faulty third party plugin/extension. So if you have any installed remove them and then try

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've deleted the crash report. It's less than useless and messes up the browser view of this discussion.

If you feel compelled to do this again, please copy it to pastebin.com and provide a link here.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @emam-dev,

Hope you're doing well!

We would like to follow up on your issue. Are you able to resolve the issue? Please feel free to update the discussion if you need further help.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anybody in this thread who has ever got a feedback from Adobe?

mycc_0-1668772072242.png

This feature is useless! And v18/2023 one of the buggiest versions ever!

Sorry ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @mycc,

We are sorry for the trouble. Would you mind telling us if the InDesign crashes on launch or during a specific workflow? Please share the details of your operating system.

Have you tried following the steps suggested in this post? Let us know if that works.

We will try our best to investigate the issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was not able to load my document, ID crashes each time, e.g. after deleting cache or preferences.

I created the document new 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2022 Nov 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @HARSHIKA_VERMA 

I am having the same problem: crashes on launch on a mac Catalina 10.15.7. I've unistalled and reinstalled and it still crashes. 

Thanks,

Mei-Ling

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2022 Nov 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Mei-Ling24471509hiky@mycc,

Sorry for the delay in response. Would you mind trying the suggestions shared in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/crash-on-launch.html) and checking if it helps?

Please generate logs, upload them to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox, and share the URL with me over a private message.

Also, kindly share the crash report by following the steps shared in this help article.

Note: While submitting the report, kindly use the same email account used here in the community so we can locate it quickly.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines