• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Indesign Accessibility SCRIPT

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking for a script to change my Paragraphe style to English, I know I had one for French, is their one that changes it to English. if so can you direct me to this script. Thank you

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would change the language of the insertion point’s Paragraph Style

try {
    app.documents.item(0).selection[0].appliedParagraphStyle.appliedLanguage = "English: USA"
}catch(e) {}  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rob, is it possible to create a entire file, so I can just pop into the script of indesign, I am not a coder. I would greatly apreciate that. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob,

better use the international key strings for the value of appliedLanguage.

In this case:

"$ID/English: UK"

That would work even with my German InDesign.

Also possible:

"$ID/English: USA"
"$ID/English: USA Medical"
"$ID/English: USA Legal"

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rob I tried it in Indesign, it did not work 😞 May I ask if you know why.

Can yo let me know, its something would be awsome to have, as I do accessibility a lot. 

thank you for work guys

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you get an error or does the language not change? The script expects a text selection and changes the applied paragraph style.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sean,

I tested Rob's script successfully on the paragraph style that was applied to selected text.

But because I work with a German InDesign I had to change "English: USA" to "$ID/English: USA" in the code.

Before running the script make sure that you select a bit of text where your paragraph style is applied to that you want to change. What's your language version of InDesign?

Note: "$ID/English: USA" is the value that should work for all international language versions of InDesign.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the quick reply, I work usually in french, this is for these certains times when I need to change my Advanced Character Format to English USA. I had for french, but now I need one to change it English USA. 

My designer tried it, it did not work. Wondering you can fix his scripts and send it back to me please. 

Does this help, I attach and image of the correct language. Thanks again both of you for the great work and help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There has to be a selection. In this case the selected text’s applied Paragraph Style is ID Default:

Screen Shot 1.png

The script will change that Paragraph Style’s Language, but the text could be overridden so the style itself is changed, but the text may or may not depending on the overrides:

Screen Shot 2.pngScreen Shot 3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines