• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe InDesign CC (2017) Won't Update to Adobe CC (2018)

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Creative Cloud desktop app, I have Adobe InDesign CC (2017) installed. My end goal is to have InDesign CC (2018) installed. Despite me looking for other versions (by clicking the pill button, clicking Manager, and then selecting Other Versions - I only see the most recent as CC (2017), 12.0.0. However, my colleagues are able to have InDesign CC (in the Creative Cloud desktop app - with no numerical ID in the parentheses, like I have - in my case, 2017). In their Other Versions area, they CC 13.1 and CC 14.0.

I have also tried updating via my Desktop app of InDesign using Help > Updates to prompt the Creative Cloud Desktop app - but, again, 14.0 is not available. I really need to upgrade to the latest version of Adobe CC (14.0).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Yup…original release. Not supported.

That machine is in desperate need of an upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You haven't told us the most important thing: What exact operating system are you running. Older OS versions may not support the requirements for a new InDesign version:

InDesign system requirements | CC 2018 and earlier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot that - I actually had the info ready. Windows 10 Enterprise for 64-bit OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do your office mates have the same Windows 10 Enterprise version? There have been many updates, I've been told (I'm a Mac user). Also, have you successfully been able to update other CC applications on your workstation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My colleague is also running Win10 Enterprise - with no issues re: having the latest Adobe InDesign CC version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I added a second question above: Also, have you successfully been able to update other CC applications on your workstation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign is the only CC app I have installed - as I don't need any other CC app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You or your IT department may need to determine how to fix your installation problem. Start with this troubleshooting help file:

Troubleshoot Adobe Creative Cloud download and install issues

It could be that the CC desktop app needs to be uninstalled and reinstalled again if it's not handing the updating process successfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I've reviewed that page - with no help. I have installed, reinstalled, etc. - all the usual tricks. I'll contact my IT team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's an article I wrote a couple years ago. It gives links to explain how to uninstall and install CC desktop app.

https://creativepro.com/troubleshooting-adobe-creative-cloud-desktop-app/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version and build of Windows 10 are you running. You’ll find it under Settings > System > About

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 Enterprise, 64-bit, (10.0.10240 Build 10240)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not what I’m looking for.

Start > Settings > System > About

Scroll down to Windows Specifications.

I’m pretty sure 10240 is pretty old, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

angien98012  wrote

Windows 10 Enterprise, 64-bit, (10.0.10240 Build 10240)

According to this site:

Windows 10 version history - Wikipedia

build 10240 is from July 2015.

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup…original release. Not supported.

That machine is in desperate need of an upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bingo! The old version of Windows was the culprit. My Windows Update ceased working. Wound-up having to do a re-imaging of the machine. Brought Win10 up to speed and voila - able to download the latest version of Adobe InDesign CC. All of this would not be without the support of a very helpful IT support team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad you figured it out, thanks for reporting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, all, for your advice and guidance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just be aware that the latest release is CC2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the icon in the upper right, and then select Check for App Updates from the pop-up menu. If you aren't using the latest version of the Creative Cloud desktop app, a prompt to update will appear. Select Update.

datauptime

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the Creative Cloud desktop app and go to Apps > Update. You can find the available app updates in the New updates section. Hover over the Update option for your desired app, and then select Later. You get a confirmation message that your app will be updated when it's no longer in use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @faraz29672903bo05 ,

note, that this thread is from January 2019.

The issue back then was that the OP's Windows version was too old to install the then current version of InDesign. After having an update of Windows all went as expected and the then latest version of InDesign was installed. Case closed…

The issue was not that the OP couldn't find the Update button in the Creative Cloud Desktop App.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Expert )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve, think of Windows 10 like Mac OS. The base O/S has the same name but it's updated annually. So, while it's Mac OS, you have Mojave, High Sierra, etc. With Windows 10, there are monthly updates on the second Tuesday of every month and major updates every 6 months or so.

The version number is based on the year and month of release so the current Windows 10 version is 1809 having been finalized in September of last year. The next release will be 1903. The monthly updates change the build number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which is why I like to leave questions like that to Windows users like you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines