• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe indesign is downloading a file from com.microsoft.onedrive

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to link (place) an image from OneDrive to Indesign I get the following error message: Adobe indesign is downloading a file from com.microsoft.onedrive. The file wont open until the download completes.

The pop up window appears multiple times all over the screen and I cant close the prompt or stop the process without completely turning it off.

I am using a MacBook Pro with Montere 12.5

See image below. Help would be much appreciated.

IMG_2285.jpg

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe OneDrive is a directly accessible file resource. Files have to be downloaded locally (which sometimes is done as a background, temp download, making it seem seamless). I don't think ID can link directly to OneDrive resources.

I could be wrong; I tend not to use cloud file systems except for sharing.

╟ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) ╢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works exactly the same as Dropbox. AFAIK, all of the cloud services now have the ability to download on demand. InDesign hates that and will throw the alert (it's not an error) when Cloud-Only is enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the correction — I know it keeps changing and I solve(d) the problem by never relying on cloud resources. 🙂

So they all simply mirror those folders rather than allowing the files to actually reside on the remote resource. I bet that's giving some users questions about where their local storage space is going. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To me, working in a Dropbox or OneDrive folder is insurance. Every save is recorded and I can go back to any version I need, even if the file was deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, sure. Which is why I have a local RAID server and a a RAID NAS as remotely located as I can place it. (It used to be at a neighbor's house with a buried ethernet run.)

Among other things, the data is highly secure and I can get to it when the net goes down. Security can be such a relative thing... 🙂

One of the huge drawbacks of the laptop era is that people tend to keep too much critical stuff on not just a local drive, but a fragile, lossable one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to disable cloud-only for any folders that InDesign needs access to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2023 Oct 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How do you disable Cloud Only?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines