Exit

Adobe InDesign MAX Release:- Export InDesign documents to Adobe Express

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 14, 2024 Oct 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export InDesign documents to Adobe Express in InDesign 2025.gif

Hello Everyone,

We are excited to introduce the new "Export InDesign documents to Adobe Express" feature in InDesign.
Now, you can export your InDesign documents to Adobe Express for fast and simple online editing. This feature enables Adobe Express users, including skilled communicators and non-professional designers, to modify and personalize InDesign templates. It also allows InDesign documents to open as native, editable files within Adobe Express.

Steps to export InDesign Docs to Adobe Express

1.  Open an InDesign document.
  2.  Go to File > Export to Adobe Express. You can now easily edit the exported InDesign document in Adobe Express.
  3.  To gain better control, you can lock the elements in Adobe Express .
    4. To share it with others using Adobe Express, select Share, add the names, and specify the access level.
Export InDesign documents to Adobe Express.gif

For more details, please click here.  

Picture 1.png

If this was helpful, please click the Upvote icon in the top left corner of this post. Your feedback helps us improve the experience. Thank you!

Have questions? Click 'Reply' below to ask.

Click 'Follow' below to bookmark this post for easy reference.

TOPICS
Feature request , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2024 Oct 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see this error in all file I tried to export, I do not know why

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2024 Oct 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @GraphifyPro ,

what's the localized language your InDesign 2025 is installed with? What's your operating system?

Just did a little test with my German InDesign 2025 with "Export to Adobe Express" and cannot see the error.

Tested on InDesign 2025 version 20.0.0.95, macOS 12.7.1 with a MacBook Pro 16" with M1 processor from 2021.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Expert )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

English version on Mac system M1 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2024 Oct 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be the problem Screenshot at Oct 17 21-32-47.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works great, thank you for opening another possibility to integrate Express.

Creative Community Leader / Educator - Empowering fellow educators with creativity and innovation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried with the English version can't work, I do not know whyerror.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@GraphifyPro said: "I tried with the English version can't work, I do not know why"

I have no idea why, but could we perhaps interpret the error message "We do not currently support converting content in this language" in the way, that the language formatting or the applied font of text on the page, perhaps (my guess) Chinese, Devanagari, using a "complex script", is something that cannot be handled?

What kind of text is on your page?

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried with an empty page also, I see the same message

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure whether the name of the file would cause this error.  Are you using any non-english characters in the file name of the empty page InDesign doc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try with English character and empty character

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

Updated to latest InDesign 2025, but this new function doesn't seem to be working on the French version (iMac + Mac OS Monterey). I get two error messages (see screen captures) with no further indication of what to do - Just to "Close" the window. Doesn't seem to be a language version problem, more a technical one.

After clicking Export to Adobe Express, it goes through the file preparation process but falls over near the end and no files are added to the cloud space. The first error message reads "InDesign couldn't execute this workflow. Try again later".  The second is regarding the conversion of incorporated V4 colour profiles en V2 profiles during the creation of a PDF.

Any ideas. This is a really useful addition to InDesign, it would be a shame if it doesn't work.

Regards

Rob

error 2.png

error 1.png

  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. I hope it resolved in next updates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2024 Oct 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@GraphifyPro  CC @Abhishek Rao, Sorry for the trouble. Please share a screen recording depicting the issue so that we can better assist you.

^VS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here you go

error.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @GraphifyPro,

Thank you for your patience as we investigate the issue with the "Export to Adobe Express" feature in InDesign 2025. To assist you further, could you please provide the following details?

1. The InDesign document you are trying to export, especially the blank document where you're encountering the error.
  2. A screenshot of the Export Adobe PDF dialog box (including the Accessibility options) to check the language settings you have configured. Reference:

These details will help us pinpoint the cause of the error and find a solution for you.

Thank you for your cooperation!

Best,
Abhishek Rao

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @AgenceKIOU ,

you said: "… The second is regarding the conversion of incorporated V4 colour profiles en V2 profiles during the creation of a PDF."

This is a different problem. Also in previous versions of InDesign.

Please search the forum where you see some older threads where the topic is discussed. Rob Day has said and done much to ease that pain. Sorry, currently I have no time on my hand to look for it…

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.

Not too worried by the second error, especially if it's a legacy problem. I included it in my initial message as I wasn't sure if it was linked to the export problem. It's not a message I've ever seen before. I'll seek out the posts of Rob Day as suggested.

Regards

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE :

Tried a different document on a different Mac xith pretty much the same configuration and HEY Presto, it works great.

CONCLUSION : It is a machine configuration/compatibilty issue and not linked to InDesign.

Have a great creative day all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@AgenceKIOU said: "… CONCLUSION : It is a machine configuration/compatibilty issue and not linked to InDesign."

Well, then I would look after other open apps, also browsers, that may or may not cause this problem.

Close them one by one and see every time if the export is working…

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a super cool feature. Making things work seamlessly. Love it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I remove that blue ball before 'export to Adobe Express' in the file menu?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind, uploaded a blank document and that removes it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm trying to understand the scenario where this might make sense.

Could you share your thinking please?

mj

iMSD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines