Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Indesign not recognize as a valid plugin on windows version

Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All!

I have been working on ajusting a plugin from CC2018 to CC2021 on windows.

After getting the code to compile against the new SDK, when I try to load it I get the following message:

Adobe InDesign does not recognize PLUGIN_NAME**.PLN as a valid plug-in...

I try to compile some samples of the SDK and I have the same issue.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Alex

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alex,

Make sure that the 1st decimal of the SDK is not higher than that of the copy of InDesign you are running.

For example, using the plugin_sdk_17.2.0.18.zip with version 17.1 of InDesign will cause this message.

Very best regards,

Olivier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Oliver.

But the Indesign and SDK versions are currently the same. 16.4.

On Mac we had a similar problem, but signing the project fixed it. But in the case of Visual Studio we do not find this option, so I do not know if it is possible in this type of projects.

Thank you very much for your reply Oliver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a thought, you are copying the resources folder correctly to the plugins folder right?

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply Manan.

It's the first check we did. In fact, to make sure that it wasn't a problem with our development or that something was missing from it, we chose to check if the same issue happened with the most basic samples that you find in the SDK and the problem persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now as you say the versions of the SDK and InDesign match and you did no change to the SDK projects then I would say the SDK is faulty, I can't think of anything else to explain this behaviour.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to run the DEBUG version of your PLNs with the normal version of InDesign ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Olivier Beltrami, in such a case don't we get a message to the effect like "This plugin requires debug version of InDesign"

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're correct.

My bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Speaking of the resources folder, it is possible for the PLN to compile and link even if the resources folder fails to be built as a post compilation step. Have you tried to delete the entire resources folder and try to recompile ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines