Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe InDesign

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day or Evening.

I have tried so many options and i have went pillar to post without no luck. i really need help, im using the same programme (2020) no latest version of InDesign and havent installed nothing. The only thing i did was safe the file the way i used to and tried opening it after 3HRS but not luck, the bottom message i get when i try to open the file

Cannot open the file "lallala.indd". Adobe InDesign may not support the file format, a plug-in that supports the file format may be missing, or the file may be open in another application.

Your help will be appreciated even if i could send the files

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Import and export , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to blind-open it with a script, and got a message  : The file "tEMPLATE.indd" is damaged and connote be recovered (Error code 5).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this happening with any other files or just this one? If it's just this one, then it sounds like it's corrupt. Try opening a back up. You do have a back up, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@KGOTHATSO5D5E I also tried to open it and it attempted to repair the file but failed mid-way through. I also changed the extension to .idml and .inx, tried to open a copy of the file, renamed the file, all without luck. Hopefully you kept an earlier version? This page also says you can email the file to Adobe and they will take a look at it. Fingers crossed! Troubleshoot damaged InDesign documents (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alas same issue as everyone else here, the file is damaged and cannot be recovered (tried renaming, changing extension to IDML etc). I must say in all my years using ID it's generally the well-behaved member of the Adobe family in terms of recovering, but occasionally a bad egg comes along...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cannot open it no matter what I try - same result as others.

If you don't have a back up - then you find an email address at the bottom of this help page

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/kb/troubleshoot-file-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines