• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Products Docked Windows not Visible after Ventura Update

Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the update to Ventura all Adobe Product (InDesign [2022/2023]/Photoshop/Illustrator have the problem, that sometimes the docked windows are not visible. though I can open them with the shortcuts. this problem sometimes resolves, when restarting the apps several times.

Does someone know how to solve this problem?

Thanks

PS: Screenshots are german, so «Werkzeuge» means «Tools» and are docked on the left side. Also the Window «Layers [Ebenen]» is docked on the right side. the docked pannel is not visible but the opened windows is visible.

<Title renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Dom.B,

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulties with Adobe products after the update to Ventura. Could you please share the details of your Ventura machine? 

Have you tried resetting the workspace by going to "Window" > "Workspace" > "Reset [Workspace Name]" in the menu bar? This should restore the default layout and might help in resolving the issue.

You may also try uninstalling and reinstalling one of the applications and let us know if the problem persists.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks@HARSHIKA_VERMA for your quick response.

Reseting the Workspace works, till I restart my mac.

And so the fresh installing of InDesign V 18.2 seems not to work properly unless I don't restore the settings from the earlier version. I just tested it with the InDesign 2023 und Illustrator 2023.

Seems that some settings are broken.

The Infos of my mac are:

MacBookPro, M1, 2020

macOS Ventura 13.2.1

InDesign V18.2

Photoshop V24.2

InDesign V17.4.1

Illustrator V27.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@HARSHIKA_VERMA 

Unfortunly, the problem remains. Upon restart the Mac and starting the InDesign freshly, the windows were visible, but as soon as i opened an File, the Windows disapeared again.

Photoshop didn't work after restarting the mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'm having exactly the same problem with all Adobe apps..

You can find a detailed description of the issue I posted here:

Panels don't appear when opening InDesign (and other Adobe apps) — Adobe Prerelease

The solution at this point is to switch to another Workspace, then back to the one you wish to use. It will restore the panels in their normal state.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for refering me to your post. As I read there a workaround, I want to post it here as well.

When not switching out of InDesign while starting it, the windows seemed to never disapear.

I see this happening when:
Using a second display AND I switch back to another app (like back to finder) before InDesign has fully loaded and displays its interface and panels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines