• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe programs crash on new Mac mini when opened from external drive.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open an Indesign file, PDF, or Illustrator file from my external server it freezes and then causes finder to freeze. No other file types (word docs, etc) do this when opened from the external server. When I move the files to my desktop and work locally they work fine. Any ideas? Thanks!

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Check if Adobe apps have full disk access or not, if they don't provide them access and then try. See the following discussion for more details, it also suggest to add the apps to accessibilty capabiltiy as well

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/problem-saving-documents-to-external-drive-and-book-on-mac/td-p/13280233

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check if Adobe apps have full disk access or not, if they don't provide them access and then try. See the following discussion for more details, it also suggest to add the apps to accessibilty capabiltiy as well

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/problem-saving-documents-to-external-drive-and-b...

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I'll give this a whirl! I'm supposed to get a call from their escalation team today (was also supposed to get a call on Friday, so we will see..)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, fingers crossed- I think this worked! It's strange, I don't recall having to allow full access previously, but maybe it's a new requirement with the new Mac Minis?

Of course I had implemented this and then got my call from Adobe, then couldn't re-create the issue... good news is I think that means this solution works. I'm going to give it a day and re-connect with them tomorrow if it's just a 'Murphy's Law' situation... 

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you install the applications via transfer from old computer or backup or did you install them from the CC Desktop Application? Only the last one should be done. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Willi, 

They were re-installed using the CC Desktop app like suggested. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines