• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe stock indesign template size

Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I thought I would try a template for our newsletter and purchased one for indesign from adobe stock templates.  It was for A4 or US letter.  I need the US letter.  I open the template up and only saw 24 pages, but when I printed it it was 48 pages.  So then I looked at the pages in the pages menu and saw there are 24 A4 pages and 24 US letter.  I deleted the A4 ones and I changed the page size to 8.5 x 11.  the content on the pages isn't printing right.  For instance the page numbers are cut off.  I haven't edited any text etc except put a picture on the cover... And that was weird as well.  When I place it on the desk top so I can move it over to the page... the picture doesn't show up on the desk top!  

Any help would be appreciated.

[Moderator moved the thread from the stock forum to the InDesign forum]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

So, you have seen that there are parent pages for the A4 size and parent pages for the letter size. And the same as samples in the document. You can delete the A4-pages (and also the A4-parent pages if you want).

As for your screenshot on page 5, that template does not centre the "pink box", but is snapped to the left of the page. And that is intentional:

Abambo_1-1657268627625.png

You can, however, simply select that frame and move it around as you wish, or you use the align buttons on the properties tab:

Abambo_4-1657269743275.png

I do

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So, you have seen that there are parent pages for the A4 size and parent pages for the letter size. And the same as samples in the document. You can delete the A4-pages (and also the A4-parent pages if you want).

As for your screenshot on page 5, that template does not centre the "pink box", but is snapped to the left of the page. And that is intentional:

Abambo_1-1657268627625.png

You can, however, simply select that frame and move it around as you wish, or you use the align buttons on the properties tab:

Abambo_4-1657269743275.png

I do not know what you mean by "putting the image on the desktop", but you need to put your image in the frame that is intended for this:

Abambo_2-1657269219898.png

To adjust the image, you can use the fitting options, or you adjust the image manually.

As for your printing problem, Your printer needs to be configured correctly. But with InDesign, we do no recommend to print directly, but to export to a PDF and to print that file.

Abambo_3-1657269496172.png

All in all, the template is OK and usable. So, my guess is, that you have to learn InDesign (and maybe also the printing process) before designing your great newsletter. Best is to pose subsequent questions in the InDesign forum.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines