• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe synced fonts with number on end

Engaged ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have CC on two PCs, one at home one at work. When I turn on a synced font on one pc, the document with it in when opened on the other says that font is missing, but the font it is looking for is the name of the font with a bunch of numbers on the end.

For instance I use the font Realist. On pc one, I will create a style with realist regular. When I open this document on the other pc Indeisgn says the font is missing but it is looking for Realist Regular-410.000

Any ideas? its fixable, but annoying.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi garethirwin1234,

is the very same version of InDesign installed on both of your PCs?

Check that under Help > About InDesign when you hold down the Ctrl key.

Could you share a document with one simple sample, just one page and one text frame, where you see this issue?

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 26, 2021 Sep 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing version of the OS & InDesign? Do you see this behavior with a specific file/font?

Additionally, a sample file would help as already asked by Uwe. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 26, 2021 Sep 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi I worked it out, its variable width fonts. Indesign just can't sync them, blows its mind. The number is the width amount.

Hey ho.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines