• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Advanced annotation of indesign doc for on screen but also printable. Ideas welcome

Explorer ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to produce a guidance document as a pdf. It should be a traditional laid out report, which itself is guidance.
And instructions which reveal (like with button) so they don't obscure the document in a pdf.
As the full page needs to be seen, I thought about the instructions appearing inside a button, appearing on rollover.

But that instruction text that reveals would also need to print out. Like we used to do with comments; you could choose to print the doc comments. 
There will be a lot of instruction text in the revealed element, so not just a line or two; whole paragraphs - up to a whole page of text.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how best to do this based in indesign?

Is html an alternative? 

But the layout is important.

Time is also short (as usual)

Any ideas welcome!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think embedding JavaScript could help hide / show extra text? But you would have to make place for it - so a lot of blank spaces anyway... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How about using InDesign notes and InCopy / scripts / plugin to produce PDF annotaitons.

P.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines