• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After moving to InDesign on Apple Silicon, I've said good bye to Indesign. It won't launch.

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had properly uninstalled the pentultimate version of InDeisgn, and loaded the very latest, advertised as built for Apple Silicoln, unto my MacBook Air with M1 and 8 core.  I click on the application to launch, but this fails.  Inspection of the status reveals that the application isn't responding 

I've rebooted.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled.  I've removed all added fonts.  

During other such attempts, I've witnessed a incredible amount of activity on the process CEPHtmlEngine where 4 such processes have absolutlely pinned all cores.  Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 18.03.02.png

InDesign is my money maker.  I cannot justify a cloud subscription on an application that doesn't launch.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to check the 17.01 update released today. (Not showing up for me yet.)

I know you are probably in a quandary because of the M1 chip and want to get the most of your new system. 

Did the previous version work for you?

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 17.01 update is being rolled out over a week so it may not be available for a few days, be patient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any chance to manually install the update? It is at least a hope but still not available to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not until it arrives for your area.

For the past couple years, the InDesign team has rolled out updates by geographic region. It actually makes sense because sometimes updates to fix bugs (as this one is) actually cause other problems. Much better to be discovered by a smaller number of people than drop it on all InDesign users using the latest InDesign version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>>  It actually makes sense 

There is no any sense for me here. It looks like last countries who's not receive it yet update are not likes to vendor. And I so angry that one of last updates I do receive more than few weeks. This is abnormal behaviour. I would prefer to have link for update-file as we was have many years ago. 

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(After letting the spinning wheel sping for hours - not sure how long as I was away - Indesign suddenly worked again normally. However, after quitting and starting again, it did not start anymore.

So I finally got the 17.0.1 update today, but it did not fix my problem. I have narrowed the problem down a bit. I have created a new user, and in his profile, it starts normally. So the problem seems to lay somewhere in the home folder (user rights?). Everything else is running normally. Activity monitor does not show anything unusual.

My next attempt will install a new macOS on a separate volume and migrate my home folder to that installation. Let's see...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issues recently. InDesign won't start. I got it running in (let's say) one out of 30 attempts by manually killing all those CEPHtmlEngine processes. Unfortunately, this problem appeared exactly when I needed the app most.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wanted to add I am on an 2020 i9 MBP and running an up-to-date Monterey.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>> InDesign is my money maker. 

I can't say anything good about your situation.

On other hand - if it your moneymaker soft why don't you lose time with new version? Are you really will die without scalable interface? Uninstall v2022 and use it 2020 or 2021 version here and now. 

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, in my case I also uninstalled 17.0 and reverted to 16.4 but then the same issue appeared and also 16.4 won't start anymore. 🤷🏻‍:male_sign:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Murphy's law 😡💢👿

Try to talk with Adobe Support Chat about it and tell us what have you done with them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will do...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I reach support chat? I get stuck here https://helpx.adobe.com/at/contact.html. Can't find anything there to speak to a human being.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2021-11-16_16-58-32.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I wonder why this button is not visible to me.Bildschirmfoto 2021-11-16 um 15.02.57.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems I need to accept all cookies first 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you do log in to Adobe ID? 

2021-11-16_17-12-00.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try another browser. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you considered backing down the OS version?

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, not yet. Still hoping for 17.0.1 update to become available for me and fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines