• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After updating to InDesign v16.3.2 while opening or saving file getting error file is damaged

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just recently updated Indesign to 16.3.2. Now every file that I open and try to save gets an error message of "InDesign in unable to save this file. We tried, but it appears to be damaged." However, the file is actually saved. I am currently running MAC Mojave 10.14.3. Not sure where the problem is but it's very annoying.

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. Could you please share a few more details like:

• Does upgrading macOS resolve the issue?
  • Are you able to open a newly created document in v16.3.2?
  • Is the issue related to a specific document? Also, could you please share a sample document with us? You can upload it to the Creative Cloud (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html) and share the download link.
  • Where are you saving the files (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System/ External HDD)?
  • Does resetting InDesign Preferences (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/user-guide.html/in/indesign/using/setting-preferences.ug.html) help to resolve the issue?
    Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings, and InDesign will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Also, you may try re-installing the InDesign by uninstalling it using the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool first and then install it from Creative Cloud again and let us know how it goes.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jerry,

Sorry to hear about your experience. We have launched Adobe InDesign 16.4 recently with multiple bug fixes and performance improvement.

Please update your app to the latest version. Let us know if you still have any issues. We'll be happy to help.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been told by my IT guy that the problem is the fact that I have an Intel chip and not an M1. I uninstalled InDesign and went back a version. I have not had the problem since.  So I am guessing, that was the problem. It's strange because I do not have the same issue with the latest version of InDesign. If the problem with InDesign is because of the M1 chip, will there be some kind of fix for those of us with Intel chips?

Sincerely,

Rene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same issue.

InDesign 16.4

macOS 10.15.7

Intel-based 27" iMac

Reverting back to InDesign 16.3.2 seemed to work for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines