• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Upgrade to M1 Mac mini All CC Apps Say They Need to Be Reinstalled

Engaged ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just upgraded to an M1 Mac mini and macOS Monterey and now all my CC apps say they need to be reinstalled. In the Creative Cloud app they don't even appear. Are they not compatible with the M1 and/or Monterey? This is scary. I have to work on the version of ID my clients submit to me.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

I chatted with an Adobe agent and he/she took remote control of my Mac and fixed the problem by running a cleaner app and reinstalling the Creative Cloud app.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a new computer, of course you need to re-install your applications. What version of InDesign are you trying to install? Adobe only support the current and one earlier version. The M1 is going to complicate things for you, too.

Earlier versions may be available here: ProDesignTools: Helping Adobe® Users Since 2009

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@BobLevine wrote:

It's a new computer, of course you need to re-install your applications.

I've never had to reinstall my applications when getting a new Mac. I just use my Time Machine backup. All my apps are there but all the ID apps before CC2020 say they need to be reinstalled when I try to launch them. Guess I'll be keeping my old Mac mini running for a while. But I'll try the two older versions still on that ProDesignTools page. Thanks for the link!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe always required new installation with their programs on a new computer. Never get it from a backup like TimeMachine. With a new processor it is even a stronger requirement as different components need to be installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I chatted with an Adobe agent and he/she took remote control of my Mac and fixed the problem by running a cleaner app and reinstalling the Creative Cloud app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

>>...fixed the problem by running a cleaner app and reinstalling the Creative Cloud app.

Just a note for others--this can be done on your own, as hundreds of other posts have mentioned.

Here are the instructions for use and download:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines