• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Ventura update on Mac content is not shown while scaling proportionally via CMD + Shift

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I've tried a lot (uninstalling / deactivating booting other apps / deactivating mac shortcuts) but nothing helps. The scaling itself works, but I can't see the image while scaling proportionally (CMD + Shift + drag). 

This happens on my iMac Pro 2017 + InDesign 2023 (18.0) + Mac Ventura.

Does anyone else has this problem? How do I get rid of it, bc it sucks.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a Mac user, but the universal answer to issues like this seems to be "turn off GPU acceleration." The counter-answer is "delete your preferences" (especially after any in-place updates).

Only half an answer, but on seeing your post in this context, I had an 'orrible flashback to Ventura Publisher. I suspect I'm not the only one. 😄

╟ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) ╢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

haha, yes … BUT it didn't help to turn off GPU accerleration. 

And I don't find any preferences in the commonly known places 🧐

But thanks anyway!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, I really did give half an answer there. GPU acceleration is at the root of a lot of UI oddities on the Mac, but not yours.

The prefs that need to be updated are deep system ones, not the ones in the Preferences menu. Here's the other half of the answer: a link on how to clear ID's preferences, which can get corrupted or be stuck on a prior configuration. Clear your preferences, and then your cache, and one of those really should fix your bug.

Reset ID in Various Ways

╟ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) ╢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines