• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After yesterday update to 17.3 InDesign could not be started anymore

Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After yesterday update to 17.3 InDesign could not be started anymore. ErrorCode 205 will be displayed but the Support for this failure is very poor and ot aplicable!

I'm using Windows10!

I need urgent help!

Thanks! 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

I believe I've seen another post about error 205 thaat said signing out of Creative Cloud and signing in again was the answer.

Worth trying that...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's hard to know what's going on

There's a few things you can try

Try resetting your preferences:
The easiest way to reset everything is to delete the InDesign preferences: as soon as InDesign starts to boot hold down Shift, Alt, Ctrl (and Apple/Cmd if working on a Macintosh). A dialog will appear asking to delete the InDesign Preferences, select 'Yes' on this dialog.
Further info and instructions here if needed:
https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/kb/indesign-preferences-support-file-locations.html

---

Reinstalling rarely fixes everything - you can do a complete reinstall using the
Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

---

Rollback to a previous InDeisgn version

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html#:~:text=Open%20the%20Cr....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe I've seen another post about error 205 thaat said signing out of Creative Cloud and signing in again was the answer.

Worth trying that...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the issue persists even after trying Peter's suggestion then please refer to this community article for more details:- https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/error-205-while-launching-adobe-apps/m-p/1299663...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2022 Jun 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

having a similar problem. updated to 17.3 today and was unable to open InDesign anymore, when I had literally just opened it right before the update. the initializing popup would appear for a few seconds and then disappear, and then nothing would happen. i tried logging out and logging back in, which also didn't work. I'm also unable to install an older version because whenever I try, it tells me to close InDesign, which is not open. I have reset my preferences using both the shortcut and manually deleting them. I'm using Windows 11 also. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

" it tells me to close InDesign, which is not open"

In that case restart your machine before doing anything.

Or lookup and kill the process in the Task Manager.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Professional )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The OP's problem is already resolved. See this other discussion:

Seit dem heutigen Update von InDesign lässt sich die SW nicht mehr starten

Ing. Peter23788930l1hc, Jun 08, 2022
https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/seit-dem-heutigen-update-von-indesign-l%C3%A4sst...

Regards,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Professional )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines