• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ai generated artwork becomes crap when placed in Id for making a comic book

Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have hand drawn vector images with AI.  They look fine on the AI application.  When they are imported/placed in the ID application they pixilate.  I've read the tutorials, its not covered.  I've read the message boards.  Its not covered.  I've moved these files several places, and even printed designs from Ai with no issue, but getting it into Id somehow rewrites the image and its not usable.  How do I save the files in Ai so they are usable in Id? 

I attached an example of the problem, but I am NOT trying to make a Twirlywoo book.  That's just an image my kid had, so don't freak out about copyrights.  Its just an example of the pixelation. 

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Performance , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't reply to this.  I can't figure out how to erase it and someone just showed me the problem.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For others reading this post down the road—because quickly finding answers to questions that have already been asked and answered  is one of the benefits of the community forums—it's the Display Performance settings. Set it to High Quality in View > Display Performance. 

Two things to remember:

1. Display Performance settings don't impact printing, just how it looks on screen. 
  2. To change the settings for all future documents, choose High Quality in Preferences > Display Performance. The View menu only changes the display for the current session. 

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines