• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All tools are missing on loading any adobe application

Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I load InDesign, Illustrator or Photoshop all my tools are missing. This happens all the time I load the application daily!

Anyone got a fix for this?

Cheers

TOPICS
Bug , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Since this is the InDesign forum, I'll respond about that application. I'd suggest you start by restoring your InDesign preferences and caches to see if that solves the problem:

https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-indesign-rebuilding-preferences-cache/

It would be helpful to post more about your system: Please tell us what operating system (exactly) you're running. Please tell us (exactly) what InDesign version you're using.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since this is the InDesign forum, I'll respond about that application. I'd suggest you start by restoring your InDesign preferences and caches to see if that solves the problem:

https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-indesign-rebuilding-preferences-cache/

It would be helpful to post more about your system: Please tell us what operating system (exactly) you're running. Please tell us (exactly) what InDesign version you're using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

The latest version of InDesign 18.0 and Mac OS 13.0.1.

I'll try resetting my preferences and see if that works.

Cheers
Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried that and it didn't make any difference? Deleted preferences and restarted and all tool are missing still?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And hey it wouldn't hurt to press either TAB or Shift-TAB to see what happens to the tool panels and the docked panels. 

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After restarting a few times and deleting the preferences a few times I think it's working now! 

Thanks, both for your help.

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no luck, everytime I go back into InDesign, Photoshop or Illustrator all my tool are hidden?

How do I fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a laptop? Have you ever had it connected to an external monitor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No desktop iMac 27".  Never used an external screen with it. Seems to have happened since the last apple update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you reset your workspaces?

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same issue, every time starting InDesign, AI or PS. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines