• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ALT Drag for Duplicate not working in CC

Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the alt (option) drag to duplicate items all the time. I just made the switch over to InDesign CC from CS6, and now it doesn't work. The odd thing though is when I hold down alt and hover over an object, my cursor does change to the double arrow, as if the duplicate function is going to work. But when I go to drag (obv. while holding down on alt), and let go, the object simply moves with no duplication occurring.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas on how to fix this?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 06, 2015 Apr 06, 2015

I found if I went to Preferences > Interface > Options and changed Live Screen Drawing to "Immediate" it solved my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2016 Feb 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad it helped! Would love to mark it as the answer, but not sure how to do that.

[personal info removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please note that when you reply by email, your answers still go to the web based forum, including your personal info.

I deleted it from your last post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! My solution seems to work for several people and I find it helpful to have the answer appear at the top. Can you mark it as Correct? I don't see where to do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2016 Aug 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS WORKS!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 29, 2016 Aug 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You da man.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2016 Oct 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice one. This worked for me. Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2015 Jun 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's finally working again 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2015 Aug 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just upgrade to 2015 and this is also happening to me. Really stupidly annoying. Changing the interface preferences didn't seem to work either...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2015 Dec 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

grrrr, same problem here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2016 Jan 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously, any chance this could be fixed? None of the workarounds fix this to function the way it used to.

Best I can manage is that I can alt + drag  to copy a single page at time unless I want the duplicate pages to be hurled to last page as opposed to the next page in sequence or wherever I tell it to go. I design sets of cards and web banners sets in a series that routinely go 50 pages deep, so having to scroll all the way down to retrieve a duplicated set is infuriating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2016 Jan 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might sounds crazy.. but shut down all your other applications and try it again. For me this issue and one other issue in Photoshop was fixed by simply closing Chrome.

You can also test this by opening your file in a fresh new User Account and see if the issue exists, if it doesn't then you know something running in the background is interfering with InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2016 Jan 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not crazy, I haven't tried that. It unfortunately didn't make a difference.

I have two machines that I alternate between, one strictly has design programs on it and the only background program is CC itself, the other a combination of my home and work. Neither of them work in the way it used to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2016 Feb 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried updating the Interface settings and restarting InDesign again. No luck. Shift drag and Shift+Option drag are NOT working and this is a serious impact on my productivity.

Any work Adobe? This start on my last update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2016 Feb 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually I might have solved my own question. This is a bug that I similar to one I occasionally run into with Ilustratror because I noticed that the Space Drag wasn't working either.

I need to shut down my Browser (In this case, Chrome) and open it up again. It clears up the click/drag bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cant see that option.-.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wrote

I cant see that option.-.....

Sergio, this is a thread from 2013. Can you please specify what option you don't see and also what your problem is? If might be best to start a new thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines