• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Alternate layout anchored objects in text should stay another size after updating compound text

Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2022 Jan 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, maybe there's someone out there having an idea how to solve this problem. 

I've created a poster with text frames, paragraph styles, character styles and anchored objects. The anchored objects are jpg-icons and sitting inline. 

Now I've created an bigger alternate layout where everything is scaled. The text frames are compound and the styles for the new layout are automatically created. On the bigger altenate layout I had to increase the text size a little bit more. Trough the "alternate" styles created, everything works fine after updating changes inside the text. Just the anchored objects will get the original size from the original layout. I can't find an option to work with object styles at this point. They're overwirten by the original object style. So, on the bigger alternate lyout the text keeps his edited styles, but the anchored objects are too small and have to be adjusted by hand every time. This is an real issue, because I have to create 8 additonal alternate layouts.

I hope my problem is understandable. English isn't my native language.

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , How to , Performance , Print , Scripting , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you made the Alternate Layout, did you have this feature switched on: Copy Text Styles to New Styles Group?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, this feature is switched on and works fine. I can change the copied text styles for every alternate layout and the changes stay after updating compound text frames. There seem to be no option to tell the jpg-icons to stay another size on alternate layouts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines