• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Amending Endnote Order in InDesign

Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there!  Endnote #11 was accidentally deleted in the body copy of my text. I tried to add the endnote back in, but InDesign placed the new endnote as #100, not #11.  How can I easily fix this without manually having to adjust every endnote number manually?  

Thank you for any help you can provide!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you check where is this new endnote among other endnotes? Is it between 9 and 11 or at the end? There might be some problem with the Story.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply sunny.sunny!

The new endnote that I recreated was assigned #100 and was placed at the end of the document.  I need the endnote I recreated to be #11 and the following to correct the numbers accordingly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show me your project? It is hard to tell what is wrong without checking it. If not, please check if the text frame wiht Figure 1 is in the same story as the main text and it is important that it has to be before paragraph "Many corporations". I hope you know what I'm writing about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how to check stories, so I'm attaching the file herein.  Thanks so much for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In "solution 1.indd" I've connected text frames so you get what you needed. In "solution 2.indd" I didn' connet frames but made smal "cheat" - see description in a file. Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for this!  But can you please tell me how you fixed it?  I have since updated the file I sent you significantly.  How can I correct this issue myself?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution 1: you have to connect the text frame (with Figure 1 description) with the main text.

Solution 2: add an endnote 11 awywhere before existing endnote 11 (at the begining of paragraph "Many corporations" would be the best place). Set this new endnote size as 0.1 with no color.

Sorry for this bad explanation but my English is not as good as it should be 🙂 Hope that will help you.

If you need more help you could share your screen with me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  I opted for solution #2 as I was unable to link the preceding text box to the caption text box.  I'm not sure how you connect text frames that weren't already connected.  Cannot find any useful tools/videos online.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should have been done much better but I hope you understand my solution.

There is a Frame Break at the end of each paragraph.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know why but Windows didn't record Paragraph Styles. I was pointing at them to show you that they will stay the same.

Zrzut ekranu 2021-06-08 204155.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines