• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anchor images on different levels

Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone I have recently been a happy user of the suite and after a basic course I am recreating all the archives of the machine manuals for the company where I work on the InDesign program.
I am faced with the following problem:

ITALIAN texts on 100 consecutive pages Level 1 and all images on LEVEL 2.
The images on level 2 are deliberately placed there because I activate / deactivate them depending on the language. Over time I will create other layers containing the same images with other callouts in the desired language.
The problem which arises when I press ENTER on the keyboard to add and / or change pages. The latter, not being anchored to the LEVEL 1 texts, do not follow me and remain where I am. How can I solve? Maybe I'm wrong about the program and I don't understand what its logic is? I thank in advance anyone who wants to help me.

I am attaching a video.

TOPICS
Feature request , How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

A suggestion: instead of using Indesign layers for the multi-language versions, create multiple layers in the Illustrator file that represent each version needed instead. The graphic would be anchored with text, to allow moving with text changes. When you need to access a different version, use "Object Layer Option" to select the appropriate layer/version.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds to me like you are expecting the images to move with the text as you make edits? In order to achieve this, you need to anchor the images to specific areas in the text. Then as you edit the text, the images will move with the text. Note that when you anchor images to the text, they cannot be on separate layers and the images will move to the layer that the text is on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Esatto. Mi aspettavo quello che dici, ma ho capito che ho sbagliato il mio ragionamento logico..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A suggestion: instead of using Indesign layers for the multi-language versions, create multiple layers in the Illustrator file that represent each version needed instead. The graphic would be anchored with text, to allow moving with text changes. When you need to access a different version, use "Object Layer Option" to select the appropriate layer/version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Penso che alla fine devo lavorare come dici tu. Onestamente pensavo di poter fare come pensavo, ma forse col tempo imparerò il motivo di questa scelta di adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines