Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anchor placement breaks hyperlink on PDF export

Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2024 Apr 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a bug notice

Background: I have manual endnote links in the copy to the endnotes, and links back to the copy. The anchors in the copy are labled "en001"… and the anchors in the endnotes labled "fn001"… The document has 276 endnotes.

In my Endnotes, If I place my Anchor at the head of a paragraph (No Character Style, nor inside the hyperlink back to the copy, but DIRECTLY before a hyperlink back to the copy AND Character Style), the anchor doesn't export to the PDF, hence the hyperlink to that anchor is broken.

If I place my Anchor inside the Paragraph (this case, afte the hyperlink back and after the Character style) the endnote Anchor is exported and all is well. 

-or-

If I add a Normal space after the Anchor, it works as well.

Previous export to PDF showed SOME "fn001"… anchors, then I updated to latest IND 19.4 and now none of those work (except the 2 I moved.)

In the attached images, endnote #40 and #41 works fine, but #42 doesn't. Other image is from the PDF document showing that only 3 "fn0…" anchors appear in the PDF document (only the 3 that I moved over in testing.)

Thanks for looking.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not automatic endnotes? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have thought about that and will consider trying it. I have worked with auto footnotes, but not endnotes… hopefully not to my shame! My work is with translations so the workflow is important, not just creating a single book, but rather a template that will also work well importing new script. Thanks. It's still a bug though : )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, looks like a bug. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did a quick test, and the PDF created links to the Automatic Endnotes, but not back to the text. (Yes, the user can CMD+L Arrow back, but you know how that goes.) It did, also, make a link for an ePub (came as a pop-up window which is good.)

Is there a way to have it create both links in the PDF (both to and back from the endnote)? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines