Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any Performance related improvement while running JSXBIN as compare to JSX

Explorer ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I am working on Adobe indesign server 2021 while executing files When I run JSX on the server, it takes a little more time to run although I have done all the optimization related things. If I execute JSXBIN instead of JSX, will it take less time?

Any performance related things can be improve if we execute all the scripts in jsxbin Format??

Any suggestion.

Thanks in Advance

Anupam

TOPICS
Bug , EPUB , Feature request , Import and export , InCopy workflow , Performance , Print , Publish online , Scripting , SDK , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @nupmOjh@,

Why don't you give it a try and let us know, you have things setup already, give it a go and compare the results. In my opinion the chances of it being slower are a bit more, the reason I say is the overhead for converting the encoded code back into a format the JS interpreter understands. It could be faster in case the jsxbin conversion also involves some optimisations done by the encoder. However, in either case I am not hopeful that the difference would even be on noticeable spectrum.

P.S.:- All this is conjecture and you are welcome to share your test results to put some facts on the table.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One could write a book on JSX performance optimizations, but the major principle is to first measure, then optimize.

E.g. having stray folder aliases within the startup scripts folder causing recursion can result in really bad execution times - especially if your server decides to restart too frequently.

Not that extreme, but it is anyway worth to have a look at all startup scripts including preinstalled ones and reconsider whether you really need to support e.g. hyperlink or footnote related menu items. In. InDesign. Server.

Regarding measurements, if you have not yet seen that, $.hiresTimer can be very useful, e.g. when you need a better granularity than the ESTK profiler (you know of the profiler, do you?) or when the profiler just chokes due to code size (you'll get to that with some hundred thousand lines of code).

Finally, if the load time turns out to be a concern at all, you can load all your methods into a permanent targetengine once at startup rather than with every iteration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks @Dirk Becker  @Manan Joshi

Today I  have Tested When I Execute jsxbin On Server I Got Very Minor Diff Only For 1 Second as compare to jsx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines