• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any reviews for the 18.2.1 update?

Contributor ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I skipped the 18.2 upgrade because I was in the middle of three books, but I have a break now and I want to upgrade to 18.2.1. Any reviews from folks who've updated to this version? I'm wary because I have some more books coming in and I want to make sure it works well.

Thanks!

Susan

TOPICS
Activation billing and install , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Thank you all, this sets my mind at rest. And I already only use Adobe fonts, which I'm pretty sure are all OTF. (Correct me if i'm wrong!)

Fingers crossed 🙂 !!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never got 18.2; I guess I was far enough down the release list that it was suspended before my batch came up.

I am experiencing no issues with 18.2.1, for what it's worth.

Kudos for the wisdom not to update in the middle of projects, though. Most of us learned that the hard way, and there always seem to be those for whom the lesson doesn't quite stick... 😛

╟ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) ╢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you do the upgrade, make sure you have OpenType fonts for the book jobs you have coming. If you're relying on using Postscript fonts to produce your work, upgrading to InDesign v.18.2.1 may cause you ... complications ...

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bumped me to open one of my older book files that has still been giving me T1 warnings. It now says "This doc contains Type 1 fonts, which are no longer supported."

I have tried to fix this file, and a couple of others, by tracking down all instances of T1 fonts, and following guidelines posted by Rob Day(?) and others. I've never been successful at eradicating the font appearances that ID claims are still T1 — despite this system never having had any T1 fonts installed, and the supposed font instances just a few random ones among many other uses of the same font, size and weight. I don't tend to carry any fury at ID glitches and faults, but the... opacity of this whole T1 thing is at the top of my list.

Anyway, relevant point here: despite the warning, despite an apparent advancement of the T1 replacement/ban, all the flagged text still displays, prints and exports just fine. As it has since I first started trying to eliminate that blue warning bar on doc open. And several attempts to clear the font warning (as a duplicate appearance of an Adobe font) fail again.

Grrr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What methods have you tried? I may not be the right guy to even be trying to help since I haven't had a Type 1 font in use for more than a decade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pretty much everything... except the one darn thing we all have on a macro for replies here. A save to IDML fixed the last T1 glitch. I'll be over in the corner wearing the stupid hat for the rest of the day if anyone needs me. 😛

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you all, this sets my mind at rest. And I already only use Adobe fonts, which I'm pretty sure are all OTF. (Correct me if i'm wrong!)

Fingers crossed 🙂 !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would give 8.2.1 a very good review. No problems whatsoever, either on my MacBook Pro 2021 with Apple M1 Pro chip and Ventura 3.2.1. Also none on my MacBook Pro 2015 with an Intel chip running Monterey 12.6.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines