• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Apparent Bug in Adobe Acrobat DC 22.002,20212.0 (64-bit)

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was creating a book using Adobe Indesign 17.4 with 358 pages with many color photos and images.  While preparing a "dummy" for printer I saved the file by creating a PDF using print function Microsoft to PDF.  in one of the frames 50% of photo was replicated into a frame where it did not belong on page 291.  I checked the InDesign file and everything looked good.  No photo was embeded and I checked the folders for the chapter and the errant photo was not in the folder from which the image should have been drawn from (ruled out that error.  So the "errant photo" was properly located in its folder and properly visible in its assigned frame; but somehow was duplicated in the lower half of a later chapter's frame.  Printer can replace photo on PDF using Adobe Professional, but some glitch caused this.  Interestingly, this error is not generated when I select only page 291.temp page.jpg  Since I have completed the book and the printer can fix, I am just reporting this bug.  I am curious if anyone knows what caused it.  CJK

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

No. Don't ever make a PDF from InDesign that way. Don't even use Adobe PDF printer. InDesign is not designed to be used that way. Use Export PDF from InDesign. (I'm not sure why you describe this as a bug in Acrobat Reader. Surely it's equally likely to be a problem with making the PDF).

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Don't ever make a PDF from InDesign that way. Don't even use Adobe PDF printer. InDesign is not designed to be used that way. Use Export PDF from InDesign. (I'm not sure why you describe this as a bug in Acrobat Reader. Surely it's equally likely to be a problem with making the PDF).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Print to PDF" from an app with PDF export built in... mos def not the right way!

—

â•Ÿ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) â•¢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I'm a newbie and successfully self-published two books this way. I
knew no other way to describe the issue I was having.

I had many issues with InDesign, having never used it before, but I worked
through all of them except this--until now.

Thank you. Exporting to PDF eliminated the problem of the half photo being
imposed over another photo. It also cured two other issues: It added a
page which was missing immediately after the cover page making page 3 page
2. The printer had already corrected this for me. It also gives the blue
the desired shade of blue showing in InDesign. Now that I know never take
the shortcut I took and use Export instead.
I'm good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved from Using the Community forums to InDesign.]

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2022 Sep 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

From all Adobe Applications never use print to PDF. Export PDF.

From other applications never use the inherited PDF producing procedure like Print to MS PDF, or Quartz, save as PDF on the Mac. Use the Adobe way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines