• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Apple preview window causing hangs

Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something I've noticed w/ Mac and InDesign, but also other adobe apps (illustrator and acrobat) is that the changes Apple made to the preview window function in finder seem to be causing a problem in the open dialog in the Adobe apps.  You can turn off preview in finder, but there's no way (that I can find) to disable the preview functionality in the open/save/place dialog.

I've notice the process that hangs consistently is a adobe dialog window.  In my process, I routinely have to place a lot of referenced eps or ai files into an indesign file.  When I open the place dialog and navigate to a folder containing >100 eps files, indesign crashes.  Again, it's actually the dialog window that crashes, but it causes the app to hang.

As a test yesterday, I tried this on an iMac Monterey 12.2.1 (21D62) (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015 4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3  AMD Radeon R9 M395 2 GB) and got constant hangs/crashes.  I then tried the same process with the same file on a MBP Monterey 12.2.1 (21D62) (Apple M1 Max chip with 10-core CPU, 32-core GPU, and 16-core Neural Engine 64GB unified memory) and got the same result.  It would not allow me to place the eps files and crashed/hung on the place dialog box.

I then tried it on a Windows 10 machine and it worked flawlessly.  Zero hangs/crashes.  I was able to place >100 eps files into frames in InDesign in a matter of minutes.

Again, this is an extreme example.  I'm seeing smaller hangs in Adobe products when trying to open multiple ai files or combine pdfs in acrobat.  If I bypass the open dialog and just drag/drop numerous files into the application, it functions as intended.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2022 Apr 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello

I renamed your topic as it wasn't accurate.

Seems like an issue you need to bring up on Mac forums... I'm not sure to be honest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines