• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

applying effect issue

Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2023 May 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I give an elemet (object,text,..)an RGB color and when I want to apply an effect like shadow or opacity to another element(seperate) it changes the other RGB colors to CMYK .

help please

TOPICS
Bug , Experiment , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 21, 2023 May 21, 2023

Hi @Ibrahim29985365wk0y , It‘s possible you were mislead by Eugene’s link if you did not read the entire thread—the marked correct answer was not directly about the Transparency Blend Space.

CheckEdit>Transparency Blend Space. If your’s is set to CMYK, any transparent object on the spread will force a CMYK preview of RGB colors:

Screen Shot 16.png

This document’s Transparency Blend Space is set to Document CMYK, so when I add a Drop Shadow to any page item on the spread, the spread’s RGB colors are previewe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

You need to first ask yourself, what is the ultimate goal with this document? If you are going to print it, you need to know it's not the best to be building your document in RGB colours that are wildly out of gamut (i.e. out of the printer's ability to reproduce.). If you DO use RGB colours, it's good to know what your colours will look like based on your potential output device, say a CMYK printer. This is actually a good thing so you can predict what will happen in print.

As mentioned, the Tr

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that didn't help, i don't know if you understand me well.😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hard to know what's going on with very little information and no screenshots/test files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, sothe first image shows that when i apply an effect to the text it effect the all RGB color in my proj(document), the second image is before applying an effect to the text(the background color is a RGBvalue) .

Screenshot 2023-05-30 164250.pngScreenshot 2023-05-30 164236.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To transfer an effect you should create an object style (with the important parameters) and apply to the other object. Have you tried this way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry but it is not clear .I am curious  if you understand my problem sir .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Ibrahim29985365wk0y , It‘s possible you were mislead by Eugene’s link if you did not read the entire thread—the marked correct answer was not directly about the Transparency Blend Space.

CheckEdit>Transparency Blend Space. If your’s is set to CMYK, any transparent object on the spread will force a CMYK preview of RGB colors:

Screen Shot 16.png

This document’s Transparency Blend Space is set to Document CMYK, so when I add a Drop Shadow to any page item on the spread, the spread’s RGB colors are previewed in the document’s assigned CMYK space:

Screen Shot 14.png

If I set the blend space to RGB, the spread’s preview is in the document’s assigned RGB space (See Edit>Assign Profiles)

Screen Shot 15.png

If the above does not help post some screen captures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was hoping the entire thread would be read.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was hoping my entire email would be read. 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What email are you referring to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it solved my problem, thank you so much🫡

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to first ask yourself, what is the ultimate goal with this document? If you are going to print it, you need to know it's not the best to be building your document in RGB colours that are wildly out of gamut (i.e. out of the printer's ability to reproduce.). If you DO use RGB colours, it's good to know what your colours will look like based on your potential output device, say a CMYK printer. This is actually a good thing so you can predict what will happen in print.

As mentioned, the Transparency Blend Space will determine how your effects are rendered. If it's set to CMYK, all your objects on the page will be converted to CMYK based on your CMYK output profile in your Color settings.

Even if you leave Transparency Blend space set as RGB, if you have Proof Colors turned on (under View), your colours will change according to what your Proof Setup is set, typically a CMYK output profile. Again, this is a good thing and necessary proofing step.

If you are intending to export your document in only RGB colours for, say, screen use, you could chnage your Proof Setup to, say, sRGB, so even if Proof Colours is turned on, it should show you your intended appearance in RGB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks sir🫡, appearently i wasn't aware of that 👍

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No worries. Color Management of different Color spaces is a big one to wrap one's head around! Even professionals can get caught up by it. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines