• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio scroll bar instead of button

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2022 Sep 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, could someone advise me on how to get my embedded audio to have a time scroll bar like this:

Screen Shot 2022-09-25 at 10.19.57 am.png

instead of a button like this:

Screen Shot 2022-09-25 at 10.20.17 am.png

Thanks so much for your help.

TOPICS
EPUB , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Audio scroll bars are almost universally a function of a browser. An audio link is just an audio link. Different browsers will present it for the user with different interface icons or controls, most with some variation of the full control/scroll bar you've shown. But that is not a part of the web page, or document, or such... it comes from the presentation tool.

I am not sure if you mean within an interactive PDF or to a Publish Online doc, but I don't think either has an audio control option like that. Just the button.

I could be wrong; if I am, a more knowledgeable participant here will be sure to let me know. 🙂

—

â•Ÿ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) â•¢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi James,

thanks so much for your response. The first pic of the scroll bar is from an epub doc that plays the audio in apple books so I'm thinking it must be possible. Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2022 Sep 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's likely a function of the EPUB reader and has nothing to do with any setting in InDesign. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Bob says (and to recap what I said), those elements are a feature of the actual viewer/player, not the document or content.

And EPUB == Web Page, more or less. EPUB docs are just packaged websites using HTML and CSS, so a lot of the features and functions overlap.

The audio playback "icon" will depend on the reader. You could try a few different ones to compare.

—

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think we used to have that as an option before Apple Killed flash. As others say that is now a feature of the viewer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, all of this stuff is HTML5 now, which has advantages, but the actual control (same as for all other interactive controls) is dependend on the browser/viewer.

—

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines