• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Autodelete Links

Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've inherited quite a mess and am hoping to get some help.

I've got a hundred or so InDesign projects, each in their own folder. Each project has their own "Links" directory. Is there a function in InDesign that says if a file isn't actively inside the InDesign document, it gets deleted from the links folder?

Looking for any soulion that won't have me manually going through, link by link, and making sure I delete every unused file while keeping the used one.

TOPICS
How to , Scripting , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Hi @RyanSalyer123 , in the Links panel flyout menu there is Utilities>Copy Link(s) to..., that would let you copy the selected links into one folder with their file paths updated.

Screen Shot 21.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imagine it could be scripted but the only native way to do this is to package the InDesign document. That package will only contain active links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @RyanSalyer123 , in the Links panel flyout menu there is Utilities>Copy Link(s) to..., that would let you copy the selected links into one folder with their file paths updated.

Screen Shot 21.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's it Rob, thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines