• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automate

New Here ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im Trying to find help and support with automated Indesign in a easy and efficiant. Please can you help.

my end goal is to do one file and try to automated it in multiple files (basically copy all of the information that is change in one file to +- 11 Files at ones.

This include Images, text, and make all the text crop them selfs and fit themselfs onto the pages.

Looking forward to hear from someone.

TOPICS
How to , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Have you explored the capabilities to use XML files? This seems to be a good case for it.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lu_en/indesign/using/xml.html

We would need to better understand what you mean by automation. InDesign needs to be opened and the 'template' connected to the correct source, proof, export for every file you need.

Alternatively, you could have a source that contains all your data. Make a signgle file, then in Acrobat, split the file in 11 individual ones.

Have looked at the options offered by InDesign Servers? https://www.adobe.com/ie/products/indesignserver.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to compare multiple InDesign files at once & want to generate some sort of text log report to find difference between several InDesign documents at once?

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have 27 translations that need to go on a document and im trying to get to a point where I dont want to copy and paste each translation.

And then with having to make adjustments on one document, I want to make it on 10 or more ducments at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Would you be able to work with separate files (such as InCopy) then it would (probably) just be a case of relinking files for the text? not sure if that could be automated or note.

Main question: can you work with separate files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes I can work with seperated files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines