Automated page title stops working part way through document

Contributor ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have automate page title set up in a document:

• refer to image 01 Master showing its presence on the Master;
  • image 02 Pages 14-15 shows it working;
  • but starting on page 16 it nolonger functions - see image 03 Pages 16-17.

I cannot figure out what has happened.

Thanks in advance for assistance.

ps: I always check the "Email me when someone replies" but never receive an email. Why?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Hi @Michael J B:

As soon as I add content, the title appears as expected. I use variables for my chapter heads as you are doing, and I haven't run across this, but I always have content on the page. 

~Barb

variables.gif

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Michael J B:

I would start by looking for a paragraph styled as a title but without content between (an empty ¶) where the running head is working on page 15 and when it stops working on page 16. If that isn't it, I'm happy to take a quick look at the file. You can put it on dropbox and post the link here (public) or click my avatar above this post, click Message and sent it to me directly (private).

I never use the email function on this forum so I can't answer that part of the question.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barb, I must be having a hugely obtuse day...I clicked the avatar, got the screen shown in attached image, can't find "Message"...sigh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Michael J B:

As soon as I add content, the title appears as expected. I use variables for my chapter heads as you are doing, and I haven't run across this, but I always have content on the page. 

~Barb

variables.gif

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hoo Boy !!!! Thanks !!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome! And hopefully next time you need one of us, the message function will be restored.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 08, 2022 Oct 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barb, I had a version of this which you responded to on June 29, 2022. Back then, as soon as text was added toa page the chapter head showed up. Now, this:

I have a chapter title header on the two pages of my master layout - see screen shot 01.

It shows up fine until page 19 where it does not show - see screen shot 02.

Instead I seem some kind of symbol - see screen shot 03.

What has happened ?

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2022 Oct 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Michael J B:

It that heading on the empty page using the correct paragraph style? If that's not it, can you share the file with me again? You can put it on dropbox and post the link here (public) or click my avatar above this post, click Message and sent it to me directly (private).

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines