• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automatic Video playing when I open InDesign, can't close it

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all when I open an InDesign file I'm getting a video (showing how to use the export features in the top right). And it just keeps replaying on my screen. I can't close it or work on my document. Help! 

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't recognize that dialog box. To help us assist you, tell us: Please tell us what operating system (exactly) you're running. Please tell us (exactly) what InDesign version you're using. Do you have any third-party extensions installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@smitdawg 

It's your dialog box I don't recognize. It doesn't appear to be part of the InDesign interface.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@dr chelseya,

I recognize your screen. You must have clicked on the Learn panel. It's the Light Bulb icon shown below:'

Screen Shot 2022-02-09 at 3.04.13 PM.png

You're looking at a What's New video shown below:

Screen Shot 2022-02-09 at 3.04.00 PM.png

To exit the video, click back on the Light Bulb icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello - I only ran into this once. I was able to close the file, quit InDesign without issue, and it didn't happen again. I'm on a newish Mac (macOS 10.15.7). I believe it was the first time that my computer opened InDesign 2022. I double-clicked an InDesign file in the finder...rather than opening the version of InDesign that was already in place on the Dock (v2021), it began to open the file within InDesign 2022 via another instance of InDesign. It took a bit for the file to open and once it did, the helper video appeared above the document and was auto-playing...preventing use of the file below. None of the controls to close the video window were visible. When I closed the document, the helper video was still playing in the welcome screen which was beneath the document. Somehow, just the helper video file (without controls and no surrounding text) was playing above the open document. It didn't affect my files, at all, it just seemed very buggy. Thanks for following up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines